9.12.08

Circle in a Spiral

"Windmills of Your Mind" by Michel Legrand (who co-wrote the song) and Claude Bolling in a jazz interpretation that gets better and better as it goes along. Here's another of my favorite renditions of the song; it's from Sesame Street's The Muppet Show - guaranteed to bring smiles and laughter!
And who is this young woman who sings so beautifully? She doesn't reveal her full name (first name is Janet and she's from England). Whoever this person may be, she's a wonderfully gifted singer with a pure and angelic voice. Here she is.
But if I were exiled to a remote island and allowed to have with me only one version of "Windmills of My Mind," I would pick this unrushed and soulful rendition by my hero Jose Feliciano, then when I'm sent on my way to the island, I'll hide CDs of the other singers in my socks.
.
Photo location: Umbria, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment