24.8.09

O Magnum Mysterium



I took this picture at a basilica a short distance from Vincent's apartment in Rome.
Among the many kind things that Judith and Marco did, they gave me a CD with Morten Lauridsen's version of O Magnum Mysterium (a responsorial chant from the Matins of Christmas) which I would have loved to use to accompany this blog posting but could not find it on youtube.com. However, I was able to find another beautiful version of O Magnum Mysterium by the Renaissance Spanish composer Tomas Luis de Victoria. The performance is by the Westminster Cathedral Choir.
September 2, 2009. It took me a bit of time, but I finally found a beautiful Morten Lauridsen version of O Magnum Mysterium performed by the Nordic Chamber Choir..
Photo location: Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, Rome, Italy, a short walking distance from Vincent's apartment. The priests at this ancient basilica also operate a hotel on the premises.

No comments:

Post a Comment