Over here in western Uthaitani province, mountains make up for their lack of great heights by layering. Elsewhere in the world, tall mountains take your breath away with their majestic grandeur, but here our softly layered hills and low-rise mountains enchant by being low-keyed and modest.Enjoying views such as the one in this photograph is for me an acquired taste. I remember what my reaction was when I went to Chiangmai and saw what was described to me as mountains: These are mountains?
But now I'm seduced and no longer miss the Jungfrau in the Swiss Alps or El Capitan at Yosemite National Park in California as much as before. Understated and subdued natural beauty embraces me. And since that's all the embracing of any kind that I'll ever get from now on, it's just going to have to be good enough. And lucky for me, it is.
.
Photo location: Baan Salaklong, Uthaitani province
No comments:
Post a Comment