8.3.09

Cell Phone Romance

The quickest way for me to find something to smile about is listening to Thai country songs. In the latest song that I heard, a young man says because he's poor, he could only afford to buy his girlfriend a second-hand cell phone.
That shouldn't be a problem, I thought to myself. If the phone breaks down, it can be fixed. She would understand.
However, the young man does have a serious problem. His girlfriend had been calling him less and less often, and not at all lately. (He's in Bangkok and she's back home somewhere far away.)
At this point I wish I could push the pause button to have some time to think about where the song was going, or to create various outcomes on my own, but I was listening on the car radio.
Not knowing what really is going on, and with his heart in turmoil, the young man sorrowfully concludes that the worst possible thing has happened: another man gave the young lady a brand new cell phone.
Probably a late model Nokia with built-in high resolution camera and 2-year warranty on parts and labor.
.
Photo location: Banrai, Uthaitani province

No comments:

Post a Comment