23.3.09

Blue on Blue

I usually go the the beach in the early evening at sunset. Next time, though, I get there just before sunrise to take pictures.
To enjoy seeing the sun setting over the sea, I have to drive about two hours to Ranong which is on the western coast of Thailand. That's also on my list of things to do, but it won't happen anytime soon because I am still trying to get over the tragedy of the tsunami which happened in the Ranong - Phuket area. Some friends of mine think nothing of going back there to enjoy themselves, but for me, it's still a matter of "tum jai" - getting my heart ready, and I don't think I will ever be able to truly enjoy the area again knowing that thousands of lives were lost there when the giant waves came ashore.
The small waves you see in this pictures are washing up on the shores of the Gulf of Thailand on the eastern side of the peninsula. Waves are larger during the windy season (November - December) but not as large as on the Ranong - Phuket coast facing the Andaman Sea.
The picture looks a lot better in larger size, so please double click on it.
.
Photo location: Bang Saphan, Prachuab Khirikan province

No comments:

Post a Comment