13.1.09

Moonrise




I was sitting on the porch of my house in Bang Saphan Noi yesterday evening watching flocks of birds fly in formation towards the sea when the full moon slowly came into view. The birds were as enchanted as I was; they made unscheduled landings on the branches above me and chirped excitedly, obviously making appreciative "Oh Wow!" comments.
The area of the village where I live is called "Toung Jan", meaning "Field and Moon", or if one is poetically inclined, "Moonlit Fields". A long time ago, people who lived here were deeply touched just as I am today by the beautiful moon in this particular setting, so much so that they named the place in its honor.
.
Photo location: At home Bang Saphan Noi, Prachuab Khirikan province

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/28/2009

    Wow! This is so cool -- keep up the photography please!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete