28.11.08

blahblahblah zzzzzz

It's a joy to actually know someone who invents an amazingly apt word or expression that should immediately be immortalized in dictionaries. When I read "blablahblah zzzzzz" in Veronica's blog entry of November 17, I smiled and shook my head. And the way Nica inserts the word is so natural it enhances the rhytm of the sentence. Wish I could do that.
There is an expression in French that I can still remember from over 50 years ago, it's "des blahblahblahs inutiles," which means useless empty talk. Nica's version has a different meaning.
This is the windy season in southern Thailand. Tall coconut trees sway in the stiff breeze far off their center, fronds fluttering. It's a lovely sight, especially when hundreds of trees sway in unison, and all is wonderful and well until a coconut becomes detached from 10 meters up and hurtles towards you. That's what happened to our truck which now has a dented hood to show for it.
Mote, who was driving, was understandably shaken. His wife and young child were sitting next to him on the passenger's side. Had the car been just half a meter further along, the coconut would have crashed through the winshield.
And now please allow me to wax philosophical. In life we often face hurtling coconuts .. blahblahblah zzzzzz, some visible, others not. Nonetheless, we keep walking beneath coconut trees ... blahblablah zzzzzz, daring fate, if you will, but more aften than not, we risk the danger because we are genuinely clueless. Change "we" to "I", and you've got the story of my life in a coconut shell ... blahblahblah zzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
.
Photo location: Banrai, Uthaitani province. It's almost sugarcane harvesting time and the picture shows the top-most part of a sugarcane "flower". In natural color, it's white or beige.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pop -- glad you enjoyed my newly coined inarticulateness! You've put to to excellent use here!

    ReplyDelete