

Within easy walking distance from the Minos B&B is "Bloemenmarkt" which means flower market. It's one of my favorite places to visit, and needless to say, every time that I go there I am thinking of buying hundreds of bulbs of all sorts to plant back home.
The stores that sell bulbs and fresh flowers are actually rafts on the canal although they also use some sidewalk space. It's all very colorful and beautiful.
Tulips do not grow in tropical climate because following planting the bulbs need to go through a cold winter before producing flowers in springtime. However, I read on google.com that I can grow tulips in hot weather by planting the bulbs in a pot of soil and putting them in the refrigerator for about two months. This will fool them into believeing that they are still in Holland!
So hopefully, Thai customs regulations won't prohibit my taking a few bulbs to plant in Banrai.
Photo location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
beautiful!
ReplyDelete