I see a nice view like this and most of the time I just take a long and appreciative look and reach for my camera, but a person I just met doesn't simply look but also listens. In fact, he mostly listens.When we find ourselves near a mountain slope, I would hear him say, "Monkeys? Are those sounds of monkeys?", and he would stand still and focus on the sounds until he had decided what they were.
A few steps later a chorus of loud chirps got him wondering what various kinds of birds made all that noise.
So while I'm hiding behind the lense of my camera, so to speak, this fellow is connecting with nature in full dimension, although he's not someone you'd want to bring along to enjoy peace and quiet.
All the same, he has opened my eyes and ears and has taught me a good lesson in nature appreciation. So beginning immediately, I'm unleashing all my senses on the great outdoors.
Stop! Is that a wild boar I'm smelling?
Photo location: Baan Salaklong, Uthaitani province
No comments:
Post a Comment