17.7.09

When Lady Luck Smiles



The farm manager in Banrai recently informed me that four of our workers who are members of the same family were quitting. They had been with us for several years so I asked if there were problems. No problems, the manager said, explaining that a son who lives and works in Bangkok had just won about a million baht on a lottery ticket.
What a lovely and dutiful son he is for wanting his parents, sister, and brother-in-law to join him with a plan of using the prize money to get into some sort of small-scale manufacturing business.
I'm happy for them, of course, and told them to be very careful because although a million baht may seem like a lot it really isn't, especially if they are going to invest it in a business venture in uncertain economic times. They're good and hard working people; I'm grateful to them for their work and I wish them the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment