23.7.09

"Ordnung" in the Land of Smiles


When you call the German Embassy in Bangkok to make an appointment for a visa application, you receive prompt and courteous service, and you are given an appointment number and the time. My appointment time was 7.37 a.m. and the appointment number was 7865642650 (I kid you not).
The facilities are superb - a large waiting room with very tall ceilings and big windows, a big screen television to watch while you wait, and (this being Thailand) a food kiosk. There were even Thai embassy personnel to help visa applicants fill out the forms.
The sense of organization, professionalism, and efficiency was breathtaking. I would love to go there again just to sit in the waiting room and enjoy the scene even if I'm not there to apply for a visa.
As I said, my appointment was for 7.37 a.m., and I was let in just as the long hand of the clock ticks over to 7 minutes after the half hour.
There's more.
After the visa officer behind the counter looked at my passport and the accompanying documents, she gave on-the-spot approval and set the time and date for me to return to pick up the passport with the visa stamp.
Alles in Ordnung.
Absolutely breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. perhaps you were German in a past life...or that may explain the blue ring around your eyes! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete