This is another view from my pineapple farm in Baan Salaklong in Uthaitani province. Friends and acquaintances who have seen the view from this property have had very different reactions. One person got out of the car, took a quick look, never looked again, and said nothing at all, as if to ask me, "And why did you bring me here?"At the other extreme are two ladies who, on different occasions, immediately made an offer to buy the land to build a resort.
And then there are local people who understandably take the scenery for granted. The first thing they look at carefully is the soil. Is it good for cultivation? What plants are best suited here? Where's the nearest water source?
However, just the other day a former village chief was with me at a nearby piece of land that I also grow pineapple on. He said wistfully while pointing to a spot high up on the hillside, "I went over there this morning, and I just sat there for a long, long time just looking at the view."
I've found a kindred soul.
.
Photo location: Baan Salaklong
No comments:
Post a Comment