21.10.08

Envy and Admiration



Most of the places we went to visit in Umbria and Toscana had buildings that were at least four hundred years old and many were much older. What fascinated me aside from their artistic beauty was that families still live in these very old buildings, making them places that are still very much alive.
One day I saw a real estate for sale ad for a little studio apartment (35 sqm) on the uppermost level of a midieval tower overlooking breathtaking scenery of mountains and Trasimeno lake. I was so upset with myself that my checkbook was left back home!
When we first arrived in Umbria the weather was windy and cold and Vanessa needed to buy something warm to wear, so she asked the owner of the resort where to go. The pictures show the large shopping center that we went to. As soon as I saw the center, my heart jumped and I reached for the camera.
How fortunate the people are who live in a world of such great artistic beauty, old and new, surrounded by an enduring sense of color and design that is everywhere to be seen, even in a shopping center. Sono cosi invidioso di loro. I am so envious of them.
.
Photo location: Umbria, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment