5.9.08

Igniting Dormant Neurons

Last night, I felt very frustrated by my failed attempts to recall the name of a wonderfully talented guitarist. I could see his face clearly in my mind, even his facial expressions, but the name eluded me. It was a complete mental block.
Then early this morning, I read an article in the online edition of the New York Times titled, "Brain Cells Observed Summoning a Memory". It's a very interesting article and here's the link to it.
After reading the article, I tried again to remember the musician's name, knowing now that it's a matter of igniting the neuron or neurons in which it's stored, but nothing happened.
However, just a short while later, seemingly coming out of nowhere, my brain quietly and gently whispered, "Santana".
So now I want to share the joy of this personal neuron ignition moment with you. Here's Santana playing "Samba Pa Ti" - one of his signature songs - at a big outdoor concert in Mexico.
There are plenty of other Santana renditions with better acoustics on youtube.com, but in addition to lovely music, this video is also fun to watch.

Photo location: Baan Huey Papok, Uthaitani province

No comments:

Post a Comment