Thitinat na Phattalung is an articulate, charismatic, and successful businesswoman who is well known for her lectures on Buddhism. She has written two widely read books, "Kemtid Cheewit" (Compass of Life) and Kemtid Huajai (Compass of the Heart).I became aware of Khun Thitinat by chance. One morning in Bang Saphan Noi, I woke up early, and while still in bed, I reached for the television remote control and randomly picked a station. My eyes were closed when the voice of a young woman filled the room, and at first it was just background noise to me. However, I soon took notice of the speaker's melodic diction and articulate speech, so I started paying attention to what she was saying. It was then that I realized I was listening to someone with a profound understanding of Buddhism and a natural gift for communicating her knowledge in a sincere and forthright manner straight from the heart. It's always a joy for me to come across younger people who are keepers of the flame of our culture, doing so with natural grace, genuine conviction, and deep-seated integrity.
.
Here's a video of one of Thitinat Na Phattalung's lectures (in Thai).
Photo location: Baan Groude, Prachuab Khirikan province
No comments:
Post a Comment