This photograph is a little out of character for my blog because it shows, of all things, an aircraft engine.Below the clouds lies Laos, my favorite neighboring country; I was once again on my way to Luang Prabang.
When in town, I would always visit the Phousi Art Gallery to buy watercolor paintings by Doung Da Hack who depicts scenes of Luang Prabang and surrounding areas in muted natural colors, evoking serenity, balance, and harmony.
Luang Prabang is a tourist town, but the atmosphere is gentle and quiet. On my latest trip, I walked into a souvenir shop and the owner was sound asleep on the floor. Not a bad way to make customers feel right at home.
When time comes to leave, I would feel nostalgic for the times, not so long ago, when Thailand, as a country and culture, also had gentle and peaceful character and genuine natural charm. We Thais have come much further along than Laos in so-called growth and development, but in the process, we left much that is even more valuable behind.
And from what I have observed of Laos' capital city Vientiane over the years, they are developing it as quickly as they can, aiming to create another Asian metropolis. Oh dear.
Click on this website to see nice photos of Luang Prabang.
Photo location: Somewhere over Laos
Great photo and entry!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rebecca. I really appreciate the comments you've left.
ReplyDelete:-)