The older I get, the more I like plants and flowers. This wasn't at all the case when I was younger so it's quite true that one mellows with age, at least I do.I still remember a time when I bothered with flowers only when I went out on last minute do-or-die missions to buy them on the eve of Valentine's Day.
Today, flowers give me great pleasure, but they are not easy to grow to their full potential and often require expensive fertilizers to bloom properly.
A year or so ago someone told me to forget about growing plants for flowers. "Len bai dee kwa," she said. "Better plant them to enjoy the leaves."
I didn't think much of what she said back then but am being gradually persuaded to pay more attention to fascinating shapes, colors, and designs of leaves. Although they surprise more than please me, the leaves in this picture can compete with any flowers for sheer exuberance.
Photo location: Baan Hintoom, Uthaitani province
what a beautiful plant! your pictures and stunning!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't believe that design when I first saw it! :-)
ReplyDelete