22.3.08

Doing a Blog Pays Off


The left hemisphere of my brain keeps wanting to know why I am doing a blog. What's the value in all this? Don't you have work waiting to be done? The kitchen is a mess!
I want to "Just do it", I said, and put on my Nike T-shirt.
And then, as the blog gods would have it, someone wonderful gave me encouragement to go on. I shouldn't mention names in a public blog without prior permission, and so I won't. This lady, whom I greatly admire personally and professionally, e-mailed to say that after seeing my blog, she feels I have "the soul of an artist ".
I can't imagine a compliment that would please me more, and cyberspace isn't large enough to fit my big head right now. I wrote back to tell her that it's the epitaph I've been looking for! (We cremate here, so it'll have to be a virtual epitaph.)
But if it were a real stone carving, sooner or later some wise guy (or more likely, someone who knew me) is bound to scribble these words underneath "He Has the Soul of an Artist": "But Alas, None of the Talent".
Photo location: Koh Chang, Trat province

1 comment: